FOUNDATION, PURPOSE, CORE VALUES
A. The foundation of this organization is the Lord Jesus Christ (I Cor. 3:11), and its code of guidance in all its affairs, the Word of God. This organization does here affirm it’s faith in the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of the Almighty God. (Mark 13:31)
B. The purpose of this organization is to:
- provide a facility and programs where young and old alike can have a place where they can make a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, and grow in their relationship to Him
- Encourage campers through activities to learn teamwork and group interaction skills
- Teach campers to place others above oneself and help others to feel part of the group and program
- To consider other peoples viewpoints and appreciate alternative opinions
- Learning cooperation skills
- Develop the ability to listen and trust others understanding how other people feel
- Improve the leadership abilities of campers through servant leadership
- Grow in personal responsibility and understanding and recognize how decisions affect others and my life
- Become closer to one another sharing struggles and developing stronger relationships with new and old friends
- Challenge campers to grow beyond their present fears and try new skills
- Gain a deeper appreciate for creation and the outdoors and to care for the environment
- Provide a safe camping experience for personal growth and development
C. The Core Values of the organization are:
- To know, love and honor GOD, and help others to do the same.
- To teach that the BIBLE, the WORD of GOD is God-breathed, without error, and the final authority for faith and life.
- To know and teach SALVATION by faith, through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ alone.
- To teach that PRAYER, and the determining of God’s will through it, is key to the operation of the camp and it’s programs.
- To put PEOPLE as central to ministry, loving them and meeting their spiritual, physical and emotional needs.
- To emphasize SPIRITUAL GROWTH, by studying God’s Word, obeying, praying, worshiping, giving, and serving God and others.
- To actively pursue MISSIONS and OUTREACH, sharing God’s love and the Gospel with unbelievers through personal relationships and ministries partnering with the Holy Spirit.
- To develop LEADERSHIP in the Body of Christ by recognizing and developing strong, biblical servant/leaders.
Camp Victory Ministries is recognized as a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization by the IRS as described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
PDF version of this document - Adobe Reader needed